Here is the first official video from Diamond D’s new Album ‘Diam Piece’. Rap Life featuring Pharoahe Monch from Organized Konfusion.
Available from itunes here.
Would you like to see two of the premier 45 DJ’s in your city? Diamond D and The 45 King are ready to hit the road.
Diamond V’s The 45 King. Serious Inquiries only hit Peter Fredsted Jacobsen
Here is a very exclusive snippet from the upcoming album Diam Piece from yours truly. Featuring legendary Producer and M.C. Pete Rock.
Make way in your crate for the Diam Piece the most essential piece of vinyl for your collection 2014.
- A track featuring Pharoahe Monch kicks things off with a bang — the rumble of bass over a touch of smooth that Diamond is known for.
- Next up: The unmistakable voice of Pete Rock, putting up verses between a crazy guitar lick and D’s ever-present knock.
- Fat Joe and Chi Ali team up on a track Diamond said was “that fighting music right there.” Understandably so. I could see how this track would get you live for the night.
- On the dopest track yet, Hi-Tek and Diamond himself rip over a stealthy sick beat, grimy in all the right ways. The horn break is ill.
- Ladies love a production worthy of their skills. That’s why Rapsody, and Atlanta’s own Boog Brown and Stacy Epps shine on this next one. Pump your brakes, indeed!
- J-Live’s flow is his best friend, and they reward each other well on this next track. Good stuff.
- That Diamond had to remind folks that Sadat X is from Brand Nubian makes me SMH. The Kill Bill “Bang Bang” sample is doing just that.
- Ras Kass is still doing his thing. This track has a West Coast funk feel to it, which makes sense.
- “Where’s The Love?” with Talib Kweli is the perfect combination of this self-proclaimed geek’s high pitch and guitar soul. The details — particularly an “I ’oun know” answer to the track’s title — make this song.
There’s truly nothing like good hip-hop music, and I’m encouraged to see legends like Diamond continue to make moves and bring comparatively new artists along for the ride.
Diamond D presents BIGREC”S LP “DOOMSDAY” The first release on Diamonds newly formed record label DYMOND MINE RECORDS.
The Album is set to be released April 15th. Check back some exclusive snippets. If you have not already checked it out, peep the all new video BULLSEYE taken from the Album.
Come Join me at THE BASEMENT in Atlanta for an exclusive listening party for my new and upcoming album ‘THE DIAM PIECE’. Hosted by FORT KNOX. Joined by special guests J-LIVE and BIG REC.
There will be a few gems in there that may or may not make it too the album. If your in town come join us for a night of simply good music with yours truly spinning those classic Hip Hop and Breaks. Look out for the new single by DYMOND MINE recording artist BIG REC titled Bullseye.
Produced by yours truly, This is the first release on the newly formed Dymond Mine Records. Now available on ITunes